Saturday, February 27, 2010

Healthy Recipe - Tilapia


Tonight, I made some awesome (if I do say so myself...) Tilapia. It was cheap, easy, fast, and healthy! Here's the recipe, which serves two:

1 Tilapia fillet, halved lengthwise (on sale, $2.50)
1 large pat of butter (10 cents, maybe?)
1 tbs. Olive Oil
Garlic Powder
Old Bay Seasoning
Salt
Pepper


1. Heat a pan over Medium heat.
2. Rinse and pat dry Tilapia fillets. (Be sure to dry it well so it will brown nicely)
3. Sprinkle Tilapia fillets on either side with garlic, Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper to your liking.
4. Heat butter and Olive Oil in pan.
5. Add Tilapia fillets, and cook for about 6-7 minutes on either side or until flaky and browned. Feel free to add more butter or drizzle oil over the fillets to ensure they don't dry out. They're quite forgiving, so I usually just leave them on low heat if my other meal components aren't quite done.


This recipe is sooo easy. You can take a fish fillet from frozen to thawed to cooked in less than 30 minutes. My fillets were thawed in the fridge overnight, so the whole meal, including sides, took 15 minutes. It's one of my favorites for weeknights where I'm pressed for time.


Our sides were crescent rolls (on sale, with coupon, 75 cents), new potatoes (on sale, about $1), and green beans (on sale, with coupon, 75 cents).

Total Meal Cost: $5.10

No comments:

Post a Comment